Calling all electronic gurus

dimanche 13 décembre 2015

First let me say that I do appreciate the voltages being discussed and the fact that an electrical professional should be consulted.
Here's the question. I have acquired for a VERY reasonable price, a Perkins powered Lincoln 400AS welder. Not the 400AS 50. The newly acquired 400AS has 2.3kVa of 230V DC auxiliary power available. I realise that many older power tools would run on either AC or DC, but that day has passed.
So... I would like to invert the 230V DC output to 230V AC. My electronic skill level allows me to construct and repair, but not design such a beast. A brief google search tells me that either MOSFETS or IGBT's can be used. I also guess that I may need a transformer to step the 230V DC up to 340V, so as to achieve 230V RMS. Correct?
Any information from the more electronically knowledgeable than I would be appreciated.


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Calling all electronic gurus

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor