Builiding a built in wardrobe in a room with high ceiling!

vendredi 11 décembre 2015

Hi guys

I'm hoping to start a built in wardrobe project at the new house we just bought in Newcastle very soon (badly needed as the house has no storage what so ever atm). The room I plan on doing first is a lovely big room with a 4280 long wall and a 2860ceiling so the cupboards will end up very big and be a great solution for most of the houses storage needs. I am having some problems with such a big span though as the wardrobe door systems simply aren't designed for such a long and high span! Generally they are maximum 2400mm high and the runners approx a max of 3m long. I would prefer to use a system with thin doors (16mm melamine or similar) and I would like the doors to go all the way to the ceiling to keep everything simple and slimline. This is the door system I have been looking at using available at bunnings:

P18056 Cabinetmaker Set | Cowdroy

I would need to run 2sets of these together, which I think shouldn't be a problem as the 'concealed fixed bottom snap' should allow me to accurately and neatly run two tracks together at the bottom by overlapping the joins in the top parts of the track over one concealed bottom snap (is it likely to give me issues at top join however with the doors not running smoothly?).
Another issue would be the height of the doors. As they will be about 2800 high doors will the weight of the timber in the doors cause issues with the doors sagging? I had intended to use 16mm melamine for this. Would another lighter material be better for the doors? They need to be between 15 and 18mm to work with this system. I found some info somewhere that door weight maximum is 20kg. I have absolutely no idea how much melamine weighs however...

Has anyone got experience building a built in with such high ceilings running the doors right to the ceiling? I would love to hear how you went and any advice people might have.


Builiding a built in wardrobe in a room with high ceiling!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor