Bees Wax is the BeesNess

lundi 28 décembre 2015

Hi WWF,

I love my mancave looking in tip top condition. As a hobbyist time isn't money.

I am constantly trying to keep my machine tops In Show room condition. About 3 years ago I got introduced to Inox and thought I had found the answer to machine top preservation.

While Inox it was good, Fine Wood Working magazine and other places like the WWF have suggested CRC 3-36 is the way to go.

So after 18+ months of trying to get some I found some at a local Blackwoods with stock and a wife in the neighbourhood to pick some up, or 6 to be more precise.

Firstly, I will say (irrelevantly) that Inox leaves it for dead when it comes to aroma. The pointless aside I would have to say that I have not been impressed at all with the CRC PRODUCT. While it protects it seems to do so by allowing a very very thin layer of surface rust to form. And it seems to need to be applied every weekend. The Inox seemed to do a much better job.

Tonight I wet sanded all my machines with 3-36 and then applied some Bees wax. Wow !!! I had read about applying wax however had never thought I should use the bees wax I use for chopping boards on my machines. On my table saw the wax made the blade feel considerably sharper; the timber seem to glide through the blade like butter.

Time will tell if the combo to 3-36 and Bees wax is what I have been looking for.


Bees Wax is the BeesNess

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor