Air Compressor receiver tank.

dimanche 27 décembre 2015

So.....

I decided to make some efforts to clean up my air compressor. It's an Atlas-Copco Aerman AE7, direct drive, about 25 CFM. The receiver is about 110 litres capacity. The compressor can run up to 10 bar or 145psi. I aim to run it at 125 psi or about 8.5 bar. It's been sitting on my verandah for about two years waiting on three phase.

I removed the inspection plate for the receiver tank and discovered loose flaking rust in the bottom and a water line about half way up the tank. Not impressed. The joys of second hand gear!

I doubt that anyone near me has the facilities to test the tank. I am thinking that I will strip the tank of fittings then get out as much of the rust as possible before filling the tank with water and 1 or 2 litres of "Evaporust". The aim being to get the tank back to clean bare metal. Should I spray the interior with spraycan of galmet paint ? Clearly I'll need to keep water out in the future and will probably go with a refrigerator dryer between the compressor and the tank.

I am concerned about the tank failing in service and don't have much experience with compressed air. A catastrophic tank failure would be way more experience than I require. So for those with some experience of compressors, is this a reasonable plan of attack or do I just buy another receiver?

Cheers

The Beryl Bloke
+


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Air Compressor receiver tank.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor