Tenon Saw Remodel

dimanche 29 juin 2014

So I picked up a rusty dog ugly modern Spear and Jackson tenon saw from the local tip a few weeks ago and during a project this weekend (building a Chris Schwarz saw bench) I need a rip style tenon saw to rip the long cheeks of the tenon for the leg braces. My existing Diston saw did not have enough saw plate on it to do the job depth wise so I quickly cleaned the rust off the blade of my tip find and gave it a quick sharpen and it did the job admirably. I thought I could add it to my saws in the till but just couldn't get past the looks, I've remodeled a few panel saw handles but never a tenon saw and the modern ones are so far from the traditional style I wasnt sure how it would go. But a lot of material removal later and I'm pretty happy with the result.



http://ift.tt/VxXvY0




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor