Pergola Design - Beams

jeudi 26 juin 2014

I'm building a cedar pergola with 6x6 post, 2x12 beams sanwiched on each side the the posts, and 2x8 joists across the beams.

The overall size is 25' x 14'. The post on the long 25' side are 22' apart with a post in the middle.

The longest 2x12 beams I can get are 20', so I will have to use 2 2x12's to reach across the 3 post but I dont think its a good idea to butt joint the 2x12's together on the sides of the middle 6x6 post. So I thought of this concept shown in the sketch to have seperate levels so I could get a good solid attachment for each 2x12 beam to the posts with bolts.

Does this sound like a good worthwhile idea or is butting 2x12's on the side of a single 6x6 post acceptable?

pergolaE.jpg


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor