MAKING V-BLOCKS

samedi 28 juin 2014

I am on making V-blocks the block is 55x65x140L I will cut into two.

I have already marked out everything drilled at the bottom of both V's and milled out the clamp slots on the sides. The ML7 vertical mill is a great attachment as are my hold down clamps but limited.



I am cutting two V's one large one small. Large will be approx 1" deep, small approx 1/2 deep.



My dill-ema is in doing the V's.



In all my web searches on making V-blocks each one I find has either another set of V-blocks to set the angles with for milling or an inclination/angled vice.



To do this without using the above I have so far come up with.



1 Hand cut rough the V then mill on the ML7 to finish



2 Use the 4x6 BS in vertical mod again rough cut and mill



I still need a way to mount and clamp the block on the lathe to mill it.



Any suggestions




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor