Moving a caravan in a back yard

lundi 30 juin 2014

Need some advice please.



We have an Adria Altea Caravan which is single axle and around 1000 kg fully loaded. The ball weight is 68 kg.



I have to move the caravan about 8 metres in a straight line across a relative flat grassed yard before I can hook it up to the car. The reason for this is that the yard is an L shape and I need to pull the van up and turn it (the easy part) before I can hook it onto the car.



I bought a rachet jockey wheel but it is useless. Due to the grass and the light ball weight, the jockey wheel just spins or digs in. Even with a board under it, it still spins. I have looked at the motorised movers but they cost a lot of money and its not viable for the amount of time we use the van. At the moment 2 of us push the van into position and push it back out again but its a strain on the back as you get older.



I was thinking about cementing a pole into the ground behind the van and another 8 metres in front of it so I could connect a pulley system between the post and van to move it back and forwards. A rachet hand winch would also work but they make it a slow process. Also, with a pulley I can also use rope rather than wire (less damage if it snaps as I have one snap on a boat winch).



What sort of pulley system would I need to move the van with the least amount of effort? If there are better ideas I would like to hear them.



Thanks




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor