My first box

mercredi 23 décembre 2015

Here is my first box, a tea box for my wife I finally finished this week . It has been going on and off for 3 years, as I put it aside everytime something goes wrong. (Like the 6mm wide hinges turned out to be 6.2mm after I had cut the 6mm slot, and the timber was very oily, which all rose to the surface and looked horrible etc)

Made of black bean timber and with a African Ash (Koto) floating lid, and finished with Kunos #244 oil. Ended up making epoxy mitre corner joints, didn't trust PVA with all that oily timber. Because it in a corner of the kitchen bench and that is a possible wet area, I have screwed and epoxied some 40 x 40 x 10mm black plastic feet, with hand bevelled edges using a router then 600 grit wet and dry paper, to each lower corner.

It has 3 compartments, each the size of a box of Nerada teabags which fit snugly, for camomile, green and English Breakfast teas. Put the teabags in each partition, next day the teas tasted horrible - cross contamination of flavours :( A certain party was not very impressed !!

Now working out how to rip out the 2 dividers and make an interior box with 3 partitions each with airtight lids. Probably out of 6mm western red cedar


P1360789 (Large).JPG P1360790 (Large).jpg P1360791 (Large).JPG
Attached Images


My first box

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor