Setting up tables to be coplanar on vintage jointer

mardi 29 avril 2014

G'day,



Being the proud new owner of a vintage machine that predates me by a couple of decades (I reckon), I have a question on how to get it set up just right.

This is a Tanner jointer (planer, buzzer) and table saw combo unit - cast iron and fairly simple but solid. I have plied the forums for how to set the blades as there are no height adjustment screws nor springs under the blades. Didn't want to buy a magnet jig, so I inserted a bit of closed cell foam from a bed roll under each blade which helped just lift the blades enough to get them set.



But now I need to get the infeed table coplanar with the outfeed and it drops away at the beginning end on the fence side. There are 3 adjustment screws (click on first photo) and I'm hoping someone might tell me what each does. Ideally, the middle is for lateral shift (side to side) and the top and bottom are for up/down tilt on the long axis? I've had a play but couldn't figure what if anything each does - they don't have a lot of travel even with the nut backed right off. I haven't touched the outfeed table ones, as I don't want the joy of resettting the blades again anytime soon.



Cheers







DSC03326.jpgDSC03329.jpgDSC03330.jpgDSC03332.jpgDSC03333.jpg


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor