Bedside Table (Night Stand)

dimanche 27 avril 2014

A few weeks back I built a bedside table as part of a demonstration of hand tool use at the Perth Hand Tool Event.











It was completed in the shop at home, and it occurred to post this to the forum for two reasons. Firstly, this is something that many here have built (I have built several), and it would be great to look at the various ideas and concepts that others come up with. So post your versions here.



Secondly, this is a fantastic exercise if you wish to practice your joint making: stub tenons, blind mortices, tapered legs, sliding dovetails, half-blind and through dovetails, drawer construction, rebates for breadboard ends, and drawboring.



There are a couple of different design elements I used (for me at any rate), and the build can be seen on my website: http://ift.tt/1iqT30o



Here is the finished table I gave my son, completed in a Shaker-style ...







Wonderful pink curly Jarrah ...







The drawer extends fully without drooping (method in the article) ...







Post your pieces.



Regards from Perth



Derek




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor