Please help me identify tree from pics

lundi 28 avril 2014

Hi guys, first I'd like to say how useful and enjoyable it is to have a forum like this based in Oz. Thanks to all the generous people who have bothered to help others with their queries and put up pics of their projects, tools and such... I've learned a lot here without even having to ask questions.



Anyway, some friends had a tree fall over in their back yard and ask me if I wanted to collect for timber. I have picked up a couple of logs and would love to know what it is.



Here are the pics:























Celery Top was suggested but the leaves don't look right to me. I saw a pic of black heart sassafras and thought it may be that but again the leaves don't look right. It's a straight tree growing in rainforest climate of Kuranda, FNQ, smallish crown if that helps, other nearby trees look like tall straight specimens of their species tho, so it may just be the area. Wasn't much to the root structure, I think it has grown quick. It was creamy white when first cut (apart from the greenish brown coffee splash in the centre which is absent higher up the trunk) and also it immediately started to split from the centre. These pics are two days after cutting, it has darkened considerably.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor