Monster Truck from the Christmas Pallet Toy Challenge 2015

samedi 26 décembre 2015

Monster Truck from the Christmas Pallet Toy Challenge 2015...

Firstly, WELL DONE to "genuine" as he had my vote....

THANK YOU to Miko for the challenge and for Christo who ran the show....well done gents...

I wish there had been more time and more entries, as there are so many other great toy makers on the forum.....

Also, I had to participate, when I was hounding/trying to encourage all the toy & model makers to have a go...

The pallet my neighbour got me from his work wasn't the best timber but, you know, you work with what you've give...time was short....

I found the plan in an old Wood Magazine from June 1990 with of course some "Peter built" modifications.....

The side pipes exhaust were a special request from the grandsons....

The high-lift axle mount was cut larger than the plan to cope with little boys play along with a 3/8"dia axle.....

I already had the dado setup for the wheels on "articulated loader" I'd done, so decided to make up a marking jig as per Bret's plan from a couple of years back to cut the wheels plus another cutting jig at 15deg's for the smaller wheels.

Overall measurements: 230mm long x 130mm wide x 170mm high....

The finish is 4 coats of clear satin polyurethane to try to highlight the timber colour & grain as much as I could; an old mate from the forum shared that trick with me so thanks go to Ian [aka blarney] for that....

I've attached a few more photos from the build, thank you everyone for the fun.
Cheers, crowie
Attached Images


Monster Truck from the Christmas Pallet Toy Challenge 2015

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor