Hi guys.
After being inspired by Les' new router table, I have just completed my version of the 'perfect router table', for me anyway!!!
The cabinet is made from 18mm melamine covered MDF (which I then painted), some made from scrap pieces from work. I needed lots of storage as I only have a single garage as a workshop, so a few draws were in order. Unfortunately using lots of MDF has resulted in a pretty beefy router table. Lucky I dont have to move it very far.
All the draws are made from ply to keep costs down and run on standard 500mm draw runners.
The top is 1100x600 and made from 2 pieces of 16mm MDF laminated to form a 32mm top with a tassie oak border which was then coated in F&W Scandanavian oil. My last router table top was finished in the same way and proved quite durable for many years. I have used a Woodpecker insert drilled for my Triton router. The fence is a direct carry over from my old table although I plan to replace the face pieces in the future as they are getting a bit worn in places.
The extraction hoses for the fence is a bit of a mixed bag of components. Some connections are Triton, some are PVC bits from Bunnies and the hose is from a long dead vacuum cleaner. I just mixed and matched parts that fitted together.
I was originally going to have a dusty connection at the side (so it could sit tucked against a wall when not in use) but eventually went for one at the back. Again a mixed bag of parts was used until it all fitted. With the holes drilled in the front door and a sealed angled panel at the back, dust removal is excellent, much better than expected.
Over all i'm pretty happy with the end result, a mis-calculation in measurements has the top a bit higher than I would like but it's not a problem for me in use.
Some pics for you all.


The top and fence.


Rear extraction and router compartment.


Comments welcome, good and bad. Any suggestions for improvements are always appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
Steven.
After being inspired by Les' new router table, I have just completed my version of the 'perfect router table', for me anyway!!!
The cabinet is made from 18mm melamine covered MDF (which I then painted), some made from scrap pieces from work. I needed lots of storage as I only have a single garage as a workshop, so a few draws were in order. Unfortunately using lots of MDF has resulted in a pretty beefy router table. Lucky I dont have to move it very far.
All the draws are made from ply to keep costs down and run on standard 500mm draw runners.
The top is 1100x600 and made from 2 pieces of 16mm MDF laminated to form a 32mm top with a tassie oak border which was then coated in F&W Scandanavian oil. My last router table top was finished in the same way and proved quite durable for many years. I have used a Woodpecker insert drilled for my Triton router. The fence is a direct carry over from my old table although I plan to replace the face pieces in the future as they are getting a bit worn in places.
The extraction hoses for the fence is a bit of a mixed bag of components. Some connections are Triton, some are PVC bits from Bunnies and the hose is from a long dead vacuum cleaner. I just mixed and matched parts that fitted together.
I was originally going to have a dusty connection at the side (so it could sit tucked against a wall when not in use) but eventually went for one at the back. Again a mixed bag of parts was used until it all fitted. With the holes drilled in the front door and a sealed angled panel at the back, dust removal is excellent, much better than expected.
Over all i'm pretty happy with the end result, a mis-calculation in measurements has the top a bit higher than I would like but it's not a problem for me in use.
Some pics for you all.
The top and fence.
Rear extraction and router compartment.
Comments welcome, good and bad. Any suggestions for improvements are always appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
Steven.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire