Progress is underway on Rocketship Mark V. This time I did some glued segments for the main body. Woods used are Maple and Mahogany.
My sketchup.

Glue up. I found a new tool for the workshop. Wax paper. Made the segmented glue up much easier and less clean up. Saw a guy using on it his turning webpage.



I mounted a dowel in both ends to help lineup the nose cone and the engine.

Mounted on the lathe and ready to go.

Main body rounded.

Final shape

All sanded

Ready for some fins


For some reason Andy didn't want to help today. He bombed a couple of the photos though.
Mark VI is also underway. Sneak peak.

In case you missed the first four here are the links.
Mark I
http://ift.tt/XwhqaS
Mark II
http://ift.tt/1meUlPz
Mark III
http://ift.tt/XwhmI5
Mark IV My favorite so far.
http://ift.tt/1meUlPB
Thanks for looking
Bret
My sketchup.
Glue up. I found a new tool for the workshop. Wax paper. Made the segmented glue up much easier and less clean up. Saw a guy using on it his turning webpage.
I mounted a dowel in both ends to help lineup the nose cone and the engine.
Mounted on the lathe and ready to go.
Main body rounded.
Final shape
All sanded
Ready for some fins
For some reason Andy didn't want to help today. He bombed a couple of the photos though.
Mark VI is also underway. Sneak peak.
In case you missed the first four here are the links.
Mark I
http://ift.tt/XwhqaS
Mark II
http://ift.tt/1meUlPz
Mark III
http://ift.tt/XwhmI5
Mark IV My favorite so far.
http://ift.tt/1meUlPB
Thanks for looking
Bret
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire