I did not want to distract from the original thread http://ift.tt/1oZjFJ1 So I started a new thread to voice my opinion.
This is what I am quoting from, post number 13 and 14 from the above thread.
Any Ivory collected from a poacher by a government that is preventing poaching of Ivory needs to be burnt. If a government sells or gives away the Ivory that was collected by a poacher this gives the Ivory a monetary value and yes even if it government gives it away there will be a value to it. Once you put a value to Ivory it becomes very difficult to prevent poaching.
I should also state here that it is not the governments that are trying to stop poaching that created a value to Ivory.
BUT The argument from the poachers would be the government is selling the Ivory that they take from us, they are no different than us.
The Ivory trade needs to be killed and one way that would help, is when Ivory becomes worthless.
We should not be concern if this is burnt as it has no value.
What I am doing now as an individual is voicing my opinion, and stating that Ivory is worthless. When we as a community agree that Ivory is worthless poaching will end.
Maybe I am seeing this as being very simply and I hope it is.
This is what I am quoting from, post number 13 and 14 from the above thread.
Any Ivory collected from a poacher by a government that is preventing poaching of Ivory needs to be burnt. If a government sells or gives away the Ivory that was collected by a poacher this gives the Ivory a monetary value and yes even if it government gives it away there will be a value to it. Once you put a value to Ivory it becomes very difficult to prevent poaching.
I should also state here that it is not the governments that are trying to stop poaching that created a value to Ivory.
BUT The argument from the poachers would be the government is selling the Ivory that they take from us, they are no different than us.
The Ivory trade needs to be killed and one way that would help, is when Ivory becomes worthless.
We should not be concern if this is burnt as it has no value.
What I am doing now as an individual is voicing my opinion, and stating that Ivory is worthless. When we as a community agree that Ivory is worthless poaching will end.
Maybe I am seeing this as being very simply and I hope it is.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire