Help! Pre-primed or cypress cladding?

lundi 28 juillet 2014

Hi there;

We are extending a 50/60 year old weatherboard house in Sydney and we are trying to get the new extension to match the existing as closely as possible. I'm after some advice as my builder/carpenters and timber supplier are conflicting. On one hand my carpenters have advisd that we should be using pre-primed cladding as it is easier and quicker to put up, just nail it in, no pre-drilling, no splitting, need to prime etc.... and we can get a very close match in this. This will save on labour costs and wastage costs apparently. My supplier has advised us to use unprimed cypress which he can have cut to match my existing boards. He has advised us to prime after it has been put up and said that if it is "fresh" it should not require pre-drilling and should not split too much, with any minor splits able to be filled in with builders bog. The supplier has said that Cypress is more durable and will last longer, whilst pre-primed may "pop" off over time or if not treated on the cuts, rot over time....I know nothing about timber and am now very confused. The cypress is also cheaper per lineal metre.... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to regret my choice in 10 years....

Julzie




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor