Bloodwood bowl

mardi 29 juillet 2014

G,day

This is probably my most adventurous wing burl bowl yet.As you can see,the burl was deeply lobulated and had a black hole that I couldn't probe the depth of.To make matters worse,I made the wing too thin and it started to flex but I got there in the end.Unfortunatly there was quite a bit of tearout which was not evident until I had the finish on.

Maximum width across the wing is 370mm and the depth of the bowl is 70mm. The finish is about 5 coats of DO.

I am calling this bloodwood, although it looks nothing like the bloodwood bowl I posted a couple of weeks ago.It came from the same source and had the same corky bark typical of bloodwood.To me this looks typical of a redgum burl but is much lighter and softer.

Hope you like.C&C welcome.

Ted


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor