Lie-Neilson planes

mardi 19 août 2014

This is my first post as I am a long term lurker and non poster. One of the reasons I lurk is to read reviews on equipment, suppliers and pick up tips and tricks on techniques. I often buy tools from overseas as its cheaper even with freight. Yes I know I should support local suppliers but sometimes the price difference is mind boggling. Economies of scale, the cost of doing business, middle men, tax, labour, who knows. But I don't feel inclined to pay 20% plus or more, money is money and the savings will buy more tools. Which of course I NEED rather than WANT.

I recently NEEDED a Lie-Neilson #62 BU Jack. I could find no posted experiences on dealing with Henry Eckert in South Australia. I am in East Victoria. I did the calculations and found it was cheaper to buy from Henry Eckhert than the US. $319 Australian and no freight. From the US $262 Australian plus $71 Australian freight. Woo hoo cheaper to buy in Australia. Thought I would take a chance and ordered from the site web site on Friday evening. Plane delivered to my door Tuesday morning. And yes it is beautiful, shaved 1/1000" straight out of the box.

So I am posting to advise others than it was an excellent buying experience, professionally done and slightly cheaper. Need to give credit to local companies when its due.

I have no financial or otherwise interest in Henry Eckert, just a happy shopper, and posting my experience for the info of others.



Tim



Ignorance is no bar to speaking authoritatively (particularly on the web)




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor