Hello everybody!
I recently picked up this "Abbey all purpose woodworker" via evil bay and I'm just wondering if anybody has any information on it?
Mechanically it's in great shape, everything works well, right down to the bearings. It's powered by a 3/4 hp GMF Cadet motor which was made in Sydney. It has a sanding disc table at one end (currently sans sanding disc) and a chuck for dowelling at the other. The tables are all cast aluminium and the base is sheet steel.
The only info the internet seems to have is a couple of newspaper ads that date back to roughly 1956.
Scale wise it's the perfect size for my limited space and it seems to cut very well.
My plan is to give it a teardown, clean and inspect all moving parts and give it a new coat of hammer tone.
Any information would be much appreciated. I will post some more pics after I've given it a birthday.
Cheers$_52.JPG$_57.JPGabbey saw.jpg
I recently picked up this "Abbey all purpose woodworker" via evil bay and I'm just wondering if anybody has any information on it?
Mechanically it's in great shape, everything works well, right down to the bearings. It's powered by a 3/4 hp GMF Cadet motor which was made in Sydney. It has a sanding disc table at one end (currently sans sanding disc) and a chuck for dowelling at the other. The tables are all cast aluminium and the base is sheet steel.
The only info the internet seems to have is a couple of newspaper ads that date back to roughly 1956.
Scale wise it's the perfect size for my limited space and it seems to cut very well.
My plan is to give it a teardown, clean and inspect all moving parts and give it a new coat of hammer tone.
Any information would be much appreciated. I will post some more pics after I've given it a birthday.
Cheers$_52.JPG$_57.JPGabbey saw.jpg
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire