Daylight robbery

jeudi 1 octobre 2015

There's a lot of really generous blokes on this form, so I have to thank forum member Argeng for dropping off a Flymo electric mower this morning.

It wasn't working as the lead had been cut and sort of patched up. At this point I should state that I have a high front fence, and can't see my nature strip.

With the mower on the nature strip, I went inside to grab a multimeter, and on my return a minute later, the mower was gone. Some bathplug nicked it!

Can you believe that, "Gone in 60 seconds".

I'm half kiddin, I wouldn't be that stupid.........and don't bother commenting.

In reality, I went over the mower and found the motor to be open circuit, presumably burnt out. Googling Flymo revealed that in almost every case of failure, it was a burnt out motor.

Reluctantly I placed the mower on my nature strip, and half an hour later, it was someone else's treasure.

Thanks Argeng anyway, it was a kind deed just the same.

Ken


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor