Polyurethane glue under NC Lacquer

jeudi 1 octobre 2015

Its been a while since I have done much woodworking, but I have been asked to build a smallish table.

The only fresh glue I have is some polyurethane glue, I have never used this type of glue for furniture joints before.
I did a mock-up of one of the leg and rail joints this afternoon and glued it to test how it will look. There is glue foaming up and spewing out of the joint.
I am a bit worried that the glue might show up under the finish when I spray the NC Lacquer.

The legs are Blackbean, so it has an open grain that will hold a bit of glue, I don't think I will be able to sand it all off.

Can anyone tell me if they have used this glue before with a NC Lac finish, and were there any problems.
Or should I look at other options, e.g.. polyurethane finish.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor