GMC lathe tailstock

lundi 27 avril 2015

I recently acquired a GMC lathe as a gift from a bloke who was giving up turning. It seemed like a fair price to give turning a go. I didn't expect much from it, but so far it hasn't been too bad. Its quite good enough to turn tool handles and spindles.

One issue that I have with it is that the tailstock seems to be a dedicated live centre - there is no way I can see to remove the live centre and replace it with, for example, a drill chuck so that it can be used to drill holes in items held in a chuck at the headstock.

Nothing in the Manual that came with it mentions replacing the tailstock, so I assume that this is just another limitation of the machine. I suppose I could just build a new tailstock from hard wood and fix a suitable Morse taper into it, but I thought I would just check with those who know better before embarking on that exercise.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor