Help me finish my traytop

lundi 27 avril 2015

I ran out of steam on this a few years ago, but prompted by seanjfitz (http://ift.tt/1byh220), I have taken a fresh look and decided it's worth finishing. I have some concerns about loading height and about wallowy suspension plus high CoG making it ill-mannered. But those fears may be unfounded. I can always sell it to finance something else.

Below are some pics as it stands. Ignore the canopy, that's just there for storage (anyone want it?). The tray is not mounted; it came from a different vehicle.

Decided:
Chassis stays. Springs will be rebushed and shockers replaced.
The axle/diff assy will be replaced with a trailer axle.
I want to revise the drawbar anyway, so it might as well become a tilter.
No active tip options are on the table at this stage, but could be added later.
Brakes will hopefully be electric. Any experience with trailer-mounted controllers?

Questions:
Is it possible to rate springs purely from their dimensions etc? That will inform the overall rating to design for. I only know the donor was a Hilux 4x2 cab-chassis, probably 80s.
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor