Timber - coating with CA glue Super glue)

lundi 7 septembre 2015

Hi all

I always have trouble applying CA glue to pens. I've tried a variety of methods. I always use good quality glue.

Im interested what people do ... What I do:

1) sand to 600 - 800
2) clean
3) apply 3 coats of thin CA using a thin plastic to smooth the finish as I go.
4) apply 2 coasts of thick
5) sand from 400 to 1200 (wet and dry paper with water )
6) polish with EEE and Meguires polish to remove scratches

If uneven I use a skew to get ride of the hills and valleys before sanding.

issues I get:

- finish sands thru and I have to start again
- glue the bushes to the barrel
- get a feathered edge on barrel which is hard to remove without chipping the edge
- get small waves in the finish

Randal


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor