First shaper job

lundi 7 septembre 2015

Hi All

I have been working on the Douglas Shaper that I bought from member Tanii51 (Thanks John!) earlier in the year, it is a really excellent machine but the process of getting it going has been a little convoluted. It needed a motor so step 1 was to replace the motor on my late with a 3ph/ VFD setup. Step two was to overhaul the old 1hp motor from the lathe with new bearings and a new condensor. Step 3 was to fit this motor to the shaper. Step 4 was to rewire of the shaper, I put a single phase contactor into the switch board in place of the original 3ph contactor and overload protection, this enabled me to retain the original switches.

All of this has taken some time... but today I put a job through it and I have to say it was great fun.

I bought a QCTP from a mate of mine some time ago, the base of this needed to be reduced in overall size and have two rebates machined into it to fit my Lantaine lathe - an ideal job for the shaper!

IMG_0340.jpg

This is the base of the QCTP in the shaper vise after the first pass has been made. As you can see I was fortunate to get the genuine vice with the machine.


IMG_0342.jpg

This is the completed QCTP base ready to go into the top slide.

The only drawback to using the shaper to do this was the amount of razor sharp swarf that it spread out over a large area in the shed. The dog didn't approve as I had to keep him locked out until I had cleaned up.

Regards

Ian


IMG_0342.jpgIMG_0340.jpg
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor