Weird welding event

dimanche 6 septembre 2015

I was out in the shed doing a bit of TIG with the Transtig 275. Recently I purchased a LED floodlight from Bunnings, a 30 watt Chinese made unit, which I pointed at the welding bench to see if it would improve lighting the scene (so to speak), and it did this job quite well.

However, I was getting weird flashes of light from somewhere above. I worked out that the LED floodlight would go out completely just at the point when the HF pilot arc extinguished and the main welding current started. After a delay of a few seconds the LED floodlight would come back on.

Does anyone have an explanation? Nothing else in the shed seems to have been affected, in fact this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing happen, and I've owned this welder for nearly 10 years.


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor