The Piggy Bank Workbench

lundi 7 septembre 2015

Why “The piggy bank workbench”? Well I emptied all the tins of coins I had stashed under the bed & decided to try to build a bench with that, which came to $420, which I think I will just about do.

It will be a trestle design as shown in the attached (I hope) PDF. The base & legs of the trestles are 90 x 90 laminated merbau posts, with the rest of the base solid merbau. The top will be two 25mm thick rubberwood, finger jointed benchtops from the big green shed, glued together. I’ll be using hand tools for most of the build, so it will take a while. I’ve only done the mortice & tenons for the legs into the base so far, so no photo’s yet. Now that the weather is warming up I should get more evening shed time, so should start to speed things up a bit.

The one thing (so far) that I need advice on is how & where to attach the front apron. Should I fix it to the top, the legs or both & should I glue & dowel it or use bolts to allow for movement?

BENCH.pdf
Attached Files


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor