How cool is this?

vendredi 27 novembre 2015

Good morning ladies and gentlemen
I have somewhat remiss in posting photos of the shed build. I have had some huge changes and done a heap of work. I haven't posted for a while as my camera is broken, we have a new computer and I am not sure yet in picasa will work for me. I have borrowed my daughters IPad and am currently fumbling and bumbling through this post with it.:((
I thought I would get an evaporative AC fitted prior to summer. I want AC fitted for two reasons.
1. It will form part of my dust control strategy, and
2. It will keep the shed cool. After spending all this money and effort, it makes sense to be able to use the shed regardless of the weather.

So, two weeks ago, it was installed. I decided to take the day off as well and build my timber racks ( I will post a thread on them as well soon). I had my sparky install the power point and RCD in anticipation of where the AC was to be installed. Anyhow, the installers turned up and promptly cut a hole in the roof. But in the wrong position! I looked at their instructions (wish they did!), and Lo and behold, the instructions were correct, in addition to the fact that I had told them where it was to go. Ggggrrrrrrrr
Their response, Oh well, sparky problem now!

Well after the installers left, the plumber turned up, and did a reasonable job. He wanted to run the pipe the quickest route and ugliest route. I suggested a different route where the pipe is more hidden and looks better, in other words, you don't see as much of the pipe.

Sparky. The sparky turned up, he wasn't happy, as he had to do the wiring again. He then tried to start the AC. It wouldn't work. No water. We eventually found the problem and got water going, but as soon as it started, water poured everywhere, including back into the shed. Sparky tried to fix the leak but he then cross threaded the connections. 5 phone calls later, and it was decided that the plumber would have to come back, and the installers.
Next day, plumber turned up, fixed his mistakes and sealed the roof to prevent rain water entering. I tested this later with a hose. All good.

So, the first Saturday after the AC was installed, we had a 36degree day. I got down to the shed about 1400 that arvo, and the shed was surprisingly cool. Although after working there for 1/2 an hour, I thought It was time for the AC as it was quite hot. The AC was awesome, the shed was so comfortable, that even on a 40 degree day, I reckon I will be working there in relative comfort, happy days.
I will post some more soon
Sincerely
Willy
Attached Images


How cool is this?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor