What is the finish used on my floorboards? Stripped by dog urine!

vendredi 8 janvier 2016

Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out what finish has been used on the floorboards in my house. The house was built by alternative folk, so it could be anything. I think the boards might be pine, but the finish is a warm Oregon type colour which matches the Oregon beams and cedar window frames - however it appears that the finish hasn't 'soaked into' or stained the wood, but is just sitting on top of the wood.

There is a soft sheen to the finish which has become dull in high traffic areas over the past 4 years (but is still satiny under rugs and in low traffic areas) so I'd like to refinish/rejuvenate the floors.

But my main issue is that we had a dog stay over and it peed on the floors, and where it has peed ipthe finish has been completely stripped bare, leaving these pale patches on the floor.

So I'm wondering if you guys can suggest what sort of finish might sit 'on top' of wood without soaking in/staining the wood, would give a low sheen and warm Oregon colour to pine, and would be completely stripped off with something like ammonia or some type of acidic/alkaline substance? I'm at a loss!


What is the finish used on my floorboards? Stripped by dog urine!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor