Sheet Metal Tools

mercredi 6 janvier 2016

The attached photo shows the boots of a full-sized sheet metal cutout of a clown that I am making for my wife.

Material is 1.6 mm aluminium,
Tools were an 8 mm curved bite nibbler, pedestal drill, hacksaw, round and flat files, slot drill and emery paper.

Next item is the head with considerable detail.
The hands/fingers will then be a challenge.
The body/shoulder/arms are proposed as ordinary fence panel material, 0.6 mm steel.

I am wondering if I could improve my line-up of tooling.
A smaller bite nibbler, a metal jigsaw or something else ?
My tinsnips are very old straight bladed, would a pair of new snips be useful ?
I have a bandsaw but I have never used it in the vertical mode, is it worth going down that path ?

Along the way I discovered the the usefulness of the pedestal drill table dropped down to comfortable working height with the job clamped to the table and hand tools applied.

Clown Feet 1.JPG

John
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Sheet Metal Tools

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor