Tool Storage Updates

jeudi 3 décembre 2015

In the last couple of days the following have arrived. :U

New Single Tool Chest.jpg

New Double Tool Chest.jpg

Welding Trolley.jpg

The first 2 items replace this one.

Old Tool Chest.jpg

Not enough drawers. :no: This one has 5 drawers compared to 12 in the new chest, if you consider the top 2 rows as single drawers. The bottom section is just an open area with lift up door. I am now in the process of working out what goes where. I will have some empty spaces left for now. I have gone from 5 drawers to the equivalent of 17 drawers plus an extra top section under the lid. The drawer sizes are the same, but the drawers in the new chests pull all the way out while the old ones did not which made getting at things at the back difficult. :(

The old chest is sitting behind the lathe. I am using it to store mechanics tools. The sort of tools most people use a chest like this for. I hope this will be better than what I was doing before. If you find a lot of spanners piling up on a bench it means that something is not working properly. They will be easier to get at now.

I was not going to buy a welding trolley until I saw the price of this one on EBay. I realised that the time it would take to convert my old knocked up Oxy/Accet trolley to suit the mig would be better spent on other things. I am pleased I bought all these items. :2tsup:

Machining Department.jpg

My machining department. The drill press is to the left of the mill table and the bandsaw is out in the extension (lean-to). The red arrow points to one of the jaws of the taper extraction tool which I am still making. There are some mill tools hanging on the board at the end of the lathe, and more lying on the mill table. The red square on the corner cabinet is where I intend to hang these mill tools on another board.

Everything is close at hand. I still need to put shelves and doors on the mill cabinet.

On another matter, the plasma cutter I bought from FleaBay arrived today, except that it looks rather like a battery charger and has battery charger written on the box.

Battery Charger.jpg

I guess you can't have everything. :((

I am told that the real one would be posted today. Funny thing is that FleaBay listed the (battery charger) delivery date as today. I received an email yesterday to say it would be delivered Monday. This morning I got 2 emails saying 1) it would be delivered today and 2) it had been delivered. This was before the postman had been. :? Great service from AusPost. :~

Actually the postman is a contractor and has my authority to sign for me so that was what triggered the delivery notice. Anyway I have another item (not machining stuff :C) that was due to be delivered tomorrow. Got an email today to say it would be delivered on Tuesday. I am expecting another 2 emails tomorrow, and the item.

Dean
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Tool Storage Updates

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor