G'day from WA... A rank beginner. Willing to learn!

mercredi 2 décembre 2015

Hi Woody friends,
I am 100% new to woodworking. I watched a class once, does that count as experience?

Anyhow, I bought a Dremel Series 201 in from ALCO Hardware 1980. Ticket price was $69 sale price $17. At that price I couldn't resist buying it. Never used it until this week when I did some freehand engraving in timber. The lettering was wobbly, so an hour ago I bought a Dremel Plunge Router to hopefully steady my moves. However my lovely old Dremel does not fit. My dremel has no screw thread at the neck and is not even able to drop through the opening. So I either have to write it off as an unwise decision (not checking the model number) or custom design a new fitting. ( I have no skills here, could be just dreaming)

Is it possible to drill out and remove part of the collar which includes the screw thread for a dozen Dremels, and then try to fasten my old Dremel into the newly made opening.

I don't really want to buy a newer model BUT sadly it may be the best alternative.
I look forward to your collective wisdom.

Peace


G'day from WA... A rank beginner. Willing to learn!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor