Making do with old tools?

jeudi 7 janvier 2016

I am making a small tray to fit inside a box. The photo shows one end piece with a rebate cut in the bottom edge for the base.

I used my rebate plane to cut it. It is just an old no 78 and you can see by the photo I paid $60 for it. It works just fine.

My point is this. I do not feel like I am making do. The tool works. I could go pay a heap more for something else but to what purpose.

I like going to markets and getting second hand tools and using them. (I like fancy new ones as well!) Generations gone by made wonderful furniture with old tools. And I got a lot of pleasure from finding this plane cleaning it up and using today. And cutting the rebate on this small piece by hand was a lot less stressful than using a power router.

I do not look at getting second hand and old tools as making do. Rather making them work is making fun.😉
Attached Images


Making do with old tools?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor