Hartley Vixen 17 Build

vendredi 8 janvier 2016

Hi Guys,

1st time poster (in fact only just signed up as a member) but have been reading the forum for bits of information for a few years.

Never really thought to have a build blog before, which is a little ironic as I always read them, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Any who, a little back story here, usually work with sail boats, (high performance cats etc.) but after taking a 6m power boat on a fishing trip I decided my next project would be to build 4.5-6m trailerable power boat, after much deliberation I ordered a set of Hartley Vixen 17 plans, many reasons brought me to this; I have dreamed about building one of these since I was a little kid, I also started getting a pretty solid epoxy allergy (so I wasn't overly keen on a glass/ply composite build) I also hate working with glass/kevlar/carbon (like seriously does anyone actually enjoy going into the workshop to glass something up?!), working with hoop pine and AA- hoop pine ply is pretty bloody nice! I could go on and on here, but so far I've been having a great time working on it, and look forward to finishing it!

The plan for the build so far, is to be 100%; clear hoop pine, with AA Marine Australian Hoop Pine Ply, fixed with epoxy (glued AND filleted, then the whole boat painted thrice with epoxy resin throughout). I have not yet finalised high-builds and paints etc yet, so I cannot comment on exactly what I will be using. The design has been somewhat modified (deck, boarding, console etc), yet retains the existing hull design.

Just a heads up, I work 50-60 hours a week, so it's only part time, but I started a few weeks ago and have been making good progress nonetheless.

Also do you have to host your images on another site? I'm not good with technology.


Hartley Vixen 17 Build

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor