G'day From Brisbane

vendredi 8 janvier 2016

Hi everyone,
My names David and I am a young hobbyist looking to learn alot more and take things further. I have a few projects in mind I am excited to get started on and would love to hear the opinions and advice from you all here as this forum seems to be a gold mine of knowledge and experience.
My latest project has been restoring an old QLD Maple twin size bed. I found it for sale on Gumtree for next to nothing. It was painted black / green and was in need of some love. After stripping right back, I finished with a french polish and wax top coat . I also cut and extended the side rails and built a new base as at 6'4" I need the length of a queen! The cutout detail you see in this photos did have a lovely herringbone veneer board however due to it's open grain no amount of sanding was going to remove the paint. Consequently I will be doing up a new herringbone board, possibly out of walnut.

I will be posting another thread soon with some questions I have regrading my next project of wall mount bedside tables.

-David
Attached Images


G'day From Brisbane

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor