DEWALT DW745 table saw

jeudi 7 janvier 2016

Hello everyone !

I am new here and I have a question please.

Here is me situation. I use 3/4 HP bandsaw to cut two sides laminated chipboard or MDF. The thickness of that wood is standard between 15 mm and 19 mm. First I make straight cuts and then rip them off to a few required sizes. The blade doesn't last for a long time and I have to change it quite often. Normally the dimensions of those rectangle pieces are around 110 mm X 300 mm. Sometimes I have to cut from a a few hundreds to a few thousands pieces.

Then I saw this portable table saw at Bunnings:

DeWalt 1850W 254mm Table Saw | Bunnings Warehouse

I made a short research and it has a very good feedback from users. I work in my double garage and I do not have any space for a commercial table saw. So I need to place that saw on a bench and connect it to the dust extractor. Then I have to remove it away somewhere on the shelve. It weighs around 22 kg.

My main concern is the noise of that saw. Does anyone have it or used it before ? It is impossible to test it in the shop. My close neighbors live around 10-15 meters away from my garage. I use my bandsaw 2-3 times a week for up to 2-3 hours a day and never had any complains.
Yesterday I cut laminated chipboard on the bandsaw and measured the noise with the Sound Meter application on my mobile phone. It was around 85-90 dB which was equal to a factory machinery at 3 ft. The noise of subway or a blow dryer is 100 dB. 110 dB is the noise of rock music or a screaming child , etc.

The Dewalt saw has 1850 W motor. Will it work much louder then my bandsaw ? Will I really scare my neighbors with this little beast ?

Maybe I've chosen the wrong saw for my particular task ? I also thought about a small mitre saw as well but it is heavier and harder to remove after the job has done . Is a mitre saw very noisy as well ? Do you have any other suggestion for my tiny workshop ?

Thanks !


DEWALT DW745 table saw

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor