Colt Oxy Acetylene torch extra 'button'?

samedi 9 janvier 2016

Having been a metalwork teacher for nearly 25 years I've never came across one of these. I recently bought a load of gear from a deceased estate that contained 2. I had only ever seen and used the CIG Comet type which is the standard industrial blowpipe handle. Apparently the CIG Colt kits are a smaller and light weight torch which I find are actually really nice in the hand. The gear contained 1 torch labelled Colt which is white and one labelled Colt 22 which is blue and even smaller.

Forgive me for asking if this is a stupid question, and I have tried to find out before asking, but what purpose does the button on the back of the hand piece serve? On the Colt the button can be pushed in and slid forward so it locks in place. The Colt 22 button just pushes in and springs back out when released. I had a look inside the hand piece and these buttons are controlling what appears to be a little valve but in operation they appear to do absolutely nothing. Are they superfluous or are the ones on the torches I have not working?

Colt.png
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Colt Oxy Acetylene torch extra 'button'?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor