Big Stringy bark

jeudi 7 janvier 2016

Hi all,

As I was going for a walk this arvo (trying to loose some weight from xmas...!) I took a short cut home through my neighbours paddock. I knew there were a few trees down, but hadn’t seen them close up. They are both stringy barks, Eucalyptus Obliqua I believe. My neighbour is a great guy and I’m sure he’ll let me at them, but he also cuts firewood from this paddock. I’m not sure what deal I should offer him for the stumps/trunks of these trees? Maybe I’ll offer to cut the whole tree into firewood rounds in exchange? Maybe a carton of beer will sweeten the deal? I can only ask. Either way, they’re pretty big and by far the largest trees I would have ever dealt with. The one sitting up will be interesting to drop as its sitting up above head height. At least they’re only 500 meters from my place so I can use my front end loader to prop it up while I dock some limbs. If he does allow me to have them, I think I’ll get my brother to help me as he has lots of training and experience with large timber. Hopefully these will be the first slabs to come off the Lucas Mill. The big tree fell about 6 months ago and doesn't have many cracks at all, the smaller stump has been down for a few years, but is in pretty good condition as far as I can see.

20160107_203042.jpg20160107_203224.jpg


20160107_203713.jpg20160107_202940.jpg
Attached Images


Big Stringy bark

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor