A concreting question.

samedi 9 janvier 2016

I have done a lot of concrete work over the years - shovelling sand and gravel and cement into barrows
and mixers; barrowing ready mix to the required spot, rough screeding etc. Never good at finishing so left
that to the experts,

Never gave much thought to design of jobs as that was all done for me.

Now I have a path to lay. Simple enough except for the following factors:

The path will be next to my shed. A good mate dug out the required area and the result is a bit of a quandary
about what to do. The shed slab has a concrete beam all around it and the whole mas sits atop the naturally
slight slope of the block. viewing the profile of the excavation along the side of the shed shows 100mm of concrete floor.
about 100mm of concrete beam and then the rather moist earth layer that increases from about 100mm to 2oomm
in thickness as it runs down the slab.

I intend to put a path of about 80mm thickness butting up to the shed but following the gentle slope of the block to allow for water run off.

Now, I will need to build a small wall, about 100mm wide, against the layers of soil and concrete beam that will join with the path in one continuous piece.

I am wondering whether I should excavate a further 100-150mm down against the shed so that that wall has a good footing and whether I should
use reo, at least for the length of the path, in that wall to path joining area. I envisage the reo being bent at right angles to be placed in the wall and the path.

Any suggetions please??


A concreting question.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor