Sharpening Brad Point type Drill bits

mardi 1 décembre 2015

Hit a screw with my brand new 12mm drill bit, now it's all funky and doesn't cut. I tried sharpening it by hand, and it's just going to take far too long to get back to a good bit of metal. Last time I tried to grind a wood bit, the results weren't so great either, so I'm not keen on going again without some good know how.

I did a search of the forum, and there were a few good older posts, but the links in them have all gone dead, so rather than necro them, I'm posting a new thread. Since the bit is already blunt, there is no harm in trying to grind it good again, but I need some good info on how to do it. What do y'all do? Anyone got good links to information?

PS. Can't afford and am not that interested in buying a drill doctor or drill sharpening device.


Sharpening Brad Point type Drill bits

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor