Dusty/cyclone in a cabinet

dimanche 6 décembre 2015

Hi all,

I have managed to get my workshop organised to the point where the next shop project will be to improve the dust collection beyond the bog standard Hafco 2hp single stage unit currently in use. After some planning I thought I’d seek the collective wisdom of the forum before beginning construction and general hackery.

I’ve decided to work with what I have, which is the following:

  1. Hafco 2hp single stage dust extractor
  2. Super dust deputy clone with a 5 inch inlet (not integrated in to the system yet)
  3. Single 5 inch flexi hose (ducting potentially in the future, but not for now)
  4. Potential to vent outside (requires hole in single brick wall)


My objectives are:

  1. To keep the unit in the shop, but vent it outside.
  2. Integrate the cyclone.
  3. Noise reduction, noting that I will not be able to locate the unit outside.


So my plan is to basically disassemble my Hafco unit and mount the blower/cyclone/bin vertically (from top to bottom) on the wall and vent the output of the blower outside.

I am also considering putting all of this inside a plywood cabinet lined with some sort of sound insulation in order to reduce the noise level inside the workshop.

Hopefully this makes sense, but see below a sketch-up representation both with and without the cabinet around the guts of the unit.

Dusty 1.png
Dusty 2.png

Other than seeking any general feedback from the wise members of this forum, I am interested to hear what others think about how much ventilation is required for the motor. In particular, installing a top panel on the cabinet will probably result in a good amount of noise reduction but it will also restrict airflow to the motor, so should I leave the top and bottom partially or fully open to allow some airflow?

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Herbie.

Attached Images


Dusty/cyclone in a cabinet

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor