a simple repair...( should be)

dimanche 6 décembre 2015

I dropped this piece of blackbutt on the corner. I steamed out most of the damage using an iron however the fibres on the corner were broken. The bit that was steamed looks poor and you can see the pores. I am pretty sure that planing will remove this.
According demonstrated in this fine woodworking video at about 3:25 Fixing Woodworking Mistakes - Fine Woodworking Video i have planed the corner flat to accept the piece to repair it. Having done this once before i thought no drama ... which there wasnt for this part. See photo
My problem is that when i try to remove the matching piece from another piece of blackbutt the timber is splitting. It is also a bit rounded rather than what i am assuming is straight. ( video shows the result i am aiming for at 4 minutes). I have tried a few different pieces with the same result.
Any ideas to get me back on track would be appreciated.
Attached Images


a simple repair...( should be)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor