Best finish fro thin veneers?

vendredi 8 janvier 2016

Hello all, I am making another large box and the lid will be 300 x250mm, so I am using some commercial veneer for the first time.

This veneer is 0.6mm thick Qld Maple burl, and will be glued to a 6mm substrate of marine plywood with Epoxy Techniglue applied very thinly to minimise bleed through.

I have two questions I hope you will be able to answer:

Q.1. How should the veneer be treated before being glued, as it is quite uneven when you run your hand over it

Q.2. I imagine it will be pretty risky sanding such thin material. What would be the best way to finish this? I normally use Kunos #244 penetrating oil, but it is unsutable for veneer this thin


Best finish fro thin veneers?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor