1/4" router bit to level uneven timber?

vendredi 8 janvier 2016

I have a cut stump from some sort of a eucalyptus that I have been drying for a while and would now like to level out the very rough cut that had been done to it with a chainsaw.
Since I do not have a planer or a sander, I thought I could give this a go with a router.. I saw this being done somewhere online..

I have a router that takes 1/4" bits and would like to know which bits would be most appropriate for the levelling/cleanup?

I saw some "bottom cleaning" bits on eBay and thought they might be most appropriate but I am a bit worried that the straight edges might not be able to cope with cutting both bottom and sides if there is a lot of wood to clear?

I was also wondering whether the larger bits ( bottom cleaning to ~22mm) woukd be too much for the 700w router I have?


1/4" router bit to level uneven timber?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor