New iBox Jig from Incra

dimanche 6 décembre 2015

Hey all, I'm finally getting back into it. It's been 2 months since my last of 3 surgeries so have been pottering about the man-cave tidying up and making some jigs.
ive made a jig for accurately routing the channel for truss rods in a guitar neck. A sled for the table saw and a complicated finger joint box jig which doesn't work very well :no:.
I decided to make a router table using the plans for the cabinet which is free on the PWS site. I salvaged 4 of 800 X 600 X 32 laminex bench tops edged with hardwood to use for the top then went over to PWS and bought an Incra iBox finger joint jig. Then into Carbatec to buy a Kreg insert and a Triton TRA001 router. Put her all together and after 3 days of reading the iBox instructions, finally got that setup properly and did a test cut. I dint destroy any components and the box joints are perfect. Now I can use all the box kits I bought years ago to make some nice boxes :U.
Here it is.
image.jpgimage.jpg

I also bought a Carbatec 15" Thicknesser. Picked it up last Saturday but it's still in trailer because it's too bloody heavy to lift out :no:.
image.jpg

A neighbour has a tractor with a PTO forklift but it's marooned in his shed until his new concrete driveway has cured. So Thursday is the big day. While it's up in the air I'll fit four heavy duty braked castors to it. Can't wait to try it out. There's a few cubes in the shed just pining to be put through it. I'll replace the blades with a Shelix Spiral Cutter in the next month or so so the neighbours won't gripe about the noise.

cheers
Attached Images


New iBox Jig from Incra

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor